Carrot Cake Parfaits
- Eggs 2 large
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Packed light-brown sugar 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil 1 cup
- Grated peeled fresh ginger 1 tbsp
- All-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Coarse salt 1/2 tsp
- Ground cinnamon 1 tsp
- Ground ginger 1 tsp
- Apricot jam 1 cup
- For Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream cheese 16 ounces (room temperature)
- Confectioners’ sugar 1 cup
- Grated orange zest 2 tbsp
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Heavy cream 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 1/2-by-17 1/2-inch rimmed baking tray.
- Line with parchment; grease parchment.
- Mix together carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, and fresh ginger.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger.
- Fold flour mixture into carrot mixture.
- Pour batter in prepared tray. Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool in tray on a wire rack 20 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely.
- Cut out 16 cake rounds to fit in an 8-to-10-ounce glass, piecing together scraps as necessary.
- Spoon 2 tbsp jam into each glass; layer with 1/4 cup cream cheese filling, then 2 cake rounds, pressing to compact. Top each with 2 tbsp filling and serve.
- For Cream Cheese Filling: Beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Beat in sugar, zest, and salt. Fold in cream. Use immediately.
Disclaimer: We do not allow users to post content which is copyright and We take strict actions against the users who post infringement content on our website.Although we do not host any content, users post embed videos from youtube, facebook, Dailymotion and Vimeo and are moderated before posting but we still take strict action against the copyright videos posted.If you are an official representative of any company whose videos are posted illegally on our website or you think some video infringe the copyright then you can simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org