- buttermilk or yoghurt ¼ cup (for dairy-free mix together ¼ cup coconut milk with 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- chicken drumsticks 8
- flour 1 cup (gluten-free if required)
- celery salt 2 teaspoons (check label if eating gluten-free)
- smoked paprika 1 teaspoon
- caster sugar 1 teaspoon
- mixed dried herbs 1 teaspoon
- spray cooking oil
- mayonnaise ¾ cup
- smoked chipotle chilli 1, minced (or use ½ teaspoon smoked paprika and 1 chopped red chilli)
- parsley 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- lemon juice 2 tablespoons
Place buttermilk in resealable bag and add chicken, mix well and marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat oven to 185°C. Line a roasting dish or tray with baking paper. Mix flour, celery salt, paprika, sugar and herbs in bowl. Shake off excess liquid from chicken and coat in flour mix. Lay on tray, spray with oil and bake for 15 minutes, then turn drums and cook for further 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked. Mix chipotle mayonnaise ingredients in a jar. Serve drumsticks cold with mayonnaise.