- Mixed vegetables 1 cup
- Water 4 cups
- Mushrooms, chopped 2 tbsp
- Cornflour 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Vegetable stock 1 cup
- Butter or Olpers cream for topping
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the vegetables in the water.
- Strain the stock and add the mushrooms to it.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the cornflour and fry briefly.
- Then add one cup of vegetable stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir briskly till the stock thickens into a white sauce.
- Pour the mushroom soup into a large pan and stir in the white sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot, topped with the butter or Olpers cream.