Very popular and irresistible mutton curry recipe from Maharashtra.
800 grams mutton, cut into 2 inch pieces on bone
7 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
1 teaspoon caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
2 black cardamoms
4 green cardamoms
12-16 black peppercorns
1 inch cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon poppy seeds (khus khus)
1 tablespoon stone flower (dagad phool)
10-12 dried coconut slices
2-3 dried red chillies
Salt to taste
1½ tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
3-4 medium onions, sliced
Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a non stick pan. Add coriander seeds, caraway seeds, black cardamoms, green cardamoms, cloves, black peppercorns, cinnamon, bay leaf, poppy seeds, stone flower, coconut slices and red chillies and roast till fragrant.
2. Cool and blend to a coarse paste with water as required.
3. Put mutton pieces in a bowl. Add salt and ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Set aside for 25-30 minutes.
4. Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker. Add onions and sauté till well browned. Add prepared paste, mix well and cook till oil separates.
5. Add 1 cup water, stir and bring to a boil. Add marinated mutton pieces and mix well.
6. Add 1½ cups water and salt, mix well, cover and pressure cook till the pressure is released for 6-8 times.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor