Vegetable Ragi & Oats Uttapam Recipe in Urdu
- To begin making the Vegetable Ragi & Oats Uttapam Recipe we will first make the oats dosa batter.
Method to make Dosa Batter
- Soak the urad dal with fenugreek seeds and oats in water separately.
- Soak the brown rice and ragi in water separately. Soak them for 5 hours.
- After soaking grind them separately to make a thick batter in a mixer grinder. Place the batter in a large bowl and allow it to ferment for 8 hours.
- Combine the topping ingredients like the carrots, capsicum, green chillies, tomatoes and keep aside.
- Heat a dosa pan on medium high heat; season it with oil if you are using an iron skillet. Check if the skillet is hot, you will know when you sprinkle some water and it sizzles.
- When hot, pour a ladle full of the Oats Dosa Batter onto the skillet and just give it a slight swirl to spread it just a bit. It should be a like a thick pancake.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of the topping over the Uttapam. Drizzle 1/8 teaspoon of oil around the Uttapam and cover if you have a lid, else you can let it cook in the open.
- Once you notice the top is lightly steamed and the batter is not raw, press the filling down with a flat spatula. Then flip the Uttapam to cook on the other side.
- Turn the heat to medium high, so the vegetables cook fast. After about 30 to 40 seconds flip again and the Uttapam will be ready to be served.
- Serve the Vegetable Ragi & Oats Uttapam along with a Spicy Peanut Chutney for breakfast or a weeknight dinner.
(Visited 7,330 times, 1 visits today)