Spiced Whole Wheat Cookie Recipe (Atta Biscuit) in Urdu
- To begin making the Spiced Whole Wheat Cookie Recipe (Atta Biscuit), first get all the ingredients ready and keep aside. Cut the butter into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, flour, cardamon powder and stir well to combine. Add the butter pieces and rub it into the flour until it becomes like a coarse mixture of breadcrumb like texture.
- Add little milk at a time and knead to make a firm dough. Add just enough milk that will hold the dough together and you can shape it into a cookie. Wrap the dough in a cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. This process will firm up the dough and make it crisp when baking.
- Once chilled, dust the surface with flour and roll the cookie dough and using a cookie cutter cut them into circles of 1/4 inch thickness. Arrange the whole wheat flour spiced cookies in a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Place the wheat cookies in the oven and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes until you notice the cookie cracking up, turning crisp and brown.
- Once done, remove the wheat cookies from the oven and allow them to cool in a wire rack. Once cooled, store the cookies in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
- Serve the Spiced Whole Wheat Cookie along with masala chai or coffee or simply a chilled glass of milk for an evening snack.