Southern Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe in Urdu
1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Butter (unsalted), refrigerated, cut into cubes
1/2 cup Buttermilk ,cold
2 tablespoons Fresh cream
- To begin making the Southern Buttermilk Biscuits recipe, Preheat ovento 450F.
- Prepare a baking pan. Line it with aluminium foil and grease it.
- Combine and sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cubed butter and mix it till the flour blends well with the butter. Add cold buttermilk intermittently and knead it into a smooth dough. Make sure that the dough is not dry.
- Using your hands, gently pat the dough out until it is 1/2 inch thickness.
- Do not use a rolling pin to roll out the dough as it overstimulates the gluten and harden the biscuits.
- Fold the dough about 4 times and gently press the dough down to a 1 inch thick.
- Use a round cutter to cut into rounds. You can combine the scraps and gently knead them together to make a small biscuit.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared pan. Brush the top with cream and bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush the tops with melted butter. Serve Southern Buttermilk Biscuits with a cup of hot Masala Chai and Masala Oats & Potato Sandwich for a delicious breakfast. You can also serve as a tea time snack.
|1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)|
|1 teaspoon Baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon Salt|
|3 tablespoons Butter (unsalted)|
|1/2 cup Buttermilk ,|
|2 tablespoons Fresh cream|