Sooji ka Halwa Recipe in Urdu
1 Green cardamom powderTBSP
1 Bay leaf
4 White oilTBSP
2 Clarified butterTBSP
Pinch of Saffron
- Add white oil and clarified butter in a non-stick wok and put on flame.
- Add bay leaf and semolina.
- Fry semolina on a low flame, stirring continuously until semolina starts changing color to light brown.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Fry till the semolina starts to take a light brown shade than golden brown (keep stirring continuously). (Frying will take about 10 minutes).
- Add milk and immediately stir (or else the mixture will solidify and stick to the wok).
- Add water and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the flame.
- Simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the halva is thickened.
- Add cardamom, nutmeg, mace and rest of the ghee, stir and mix and remove.
- Keep the halva in the wok for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with dry fruits and sprinkle green cardamom, nutmeg and mace powder on the top of the halva.
- Serve hot or cold.
|1 Green cardamom powder|
|1 Bay leaf|
|4 White oil|
|2 Clarified butter|
|Pinch of Saffron|