NATIONAL’S MUGHLAI NIHARI RECIPE
- Soak talhaar mirch in half cup boiling water for 2 hours, take out the seeds and blend it, till its smooth. Strain the paste and keep it aside.
- Boil the beef in 1 L water with 1 tbsp National Nihari Masala and ½ tbsp of National Ginger Garlic Paste. Cook it for 1.5 hours straight until the meat is tender. Now take out the meat and save the broth.
- Dissolve 4 tbsp National Nihari Masala in ¼ cup water, 2 tbsp yogurt and 1 tsp talhaar mirch’s paste (Leave the rest for later). In a large pan, add desi ghee, National Ginger Garlic paste and stir for half a minute. Add the Nihari mixture to this. Now stir for a minute and add boiled beef and stir for a good 2-3 minutes so that the meat absorbs the flavor.
- Now add all the beef stock in it and wait for it to boil. When it boils, add a thick flour batter in it and constantly stir it. When it’s thick, turn the flame low and make bhagaar.
- For bhagaar, heat up ½ cup Desi Ghee and roast 5-6 almonds and cashews in it. When it’s done, turn off the flame and add talhaar mirch paste along with 2 tbsp National Nihari Masala, just mix it as soon as possible, don’t let it cook and add it on to Nihaari. Mix 2 tbsp lemon juice in 2 tablespoons yogurt and pour it on top of Nihari with 2 saffron threads and serve it with condiments and roti.
(Visited 1,859 times, 1 visits today)