NATIONAL’S LEBANESE MAGMOUR & PURI RECIPE
- Cut the eggplant in thin circular slices. Mix with 1 tbsp of National Mixed Pickle.
- Pan fry the eggplants in ½ cup of cooking oil until soft.
- In another pot heat ½ cup Olive Oil. Add ½ cup of chopped onions and a pinch of salt and sauté until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add the 3-4 garlic cloves and cook until garlic is tender and fragrant.
- Add ½ cup of tomato paste, 1 tsp paprika, fried eggplant, 1 cup drained chickpeas, 2 tbsp National Mixed Pickle and 1 tbsp dried mint. Bring to a simmer and cook until flavors meld, about 20 minutes.
- Add additional water as necessary to maintain a moist, stew-like consistency.
- To prepare Purian, add 2 tbsp Ghee to 2 tbsp flour, ½ tsp of National Salt to taste and pour 1 cup water in the mixture to make a dough. Mix all the ingredients by hand and knead them.
- Make round balls of the dough, grease the dough light in Cooking Oil and flatten it with rolling pin. Make thin purian like this, rolling them out.
- Deep fry them in about a liter of cooking oil and on high flame until crispy.
(Visited 6,912 times, 1 visits today)