Lamb Biryani Recipe in Urdu
Lamb Biryani Recipe is a very famous dish, We can easily make Lamb Biryani at home as well, Especially Lamb Biryani is a very instant and popular recipe you can make it for lunch, breakfast or for dinner as well. Lamb Biryani is one of the most loved dishes and now you don’t need to go outside such as street food or at any restaurant for this because here is the easiest way to make it at home. We do have its Nutritional Facts of the recipe for the health-conscious people out there so you can make changes according to your diet plan as well.
Recipe Cooking Method:
- Marinade lamb meat with ginger paste, garlic paste, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for a half hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the onion. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and transfer browned onion on a plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together tomato paste, red chili powder, paprika, salt, turmeric, and garam masala. Set aside.
- In the same oil from which you took out onion, put half marinade meat and cook about five minutes over medium high heat.
- Stir occasionally until the pieces are browned on all sides.
- Transfer browned lamb on plate and put remaining meat in oil and brown it. Add more oil if required.
- When second batch of lamb is done, transfer rest of meat along onion in the cooking pan.
- Pour the mixed spice mixture. Cover and cook on slow heat until lamb meat is tender.
- While the lamb meat is cooking. Take another pan and heat ghee, add cumin, cardamom pods, bay leaves and cinnamon sticks. Cook until they sizzle a bit.
- Now add onion and cook until it starts to brown.
- Add the saffron and cook stirring, for about 30 seconds, until the saffron releases its color and aroma.
- Add the drained rice and toss to coat.
- Pour in 2 cups cold water and salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Slow down to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes, uncovered until all the water has evaporated. Remove from the heat.
- Assemble for Baking: Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Spread half the lamb curry in a medium-sized casserole dish. Cover with half the rice. Repeat the layers.
- Cover the casserole with the lid or with a double layer of foil. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- For Cooking on Stove: Spread half the lamb curry in a cooking pan. Cover with half the rice. Repeat the layers. Cover the pan tightly with the lid. Simmer for 20-25 minutes. Serve with raita.