Khurchan Mawa Burfi Recipe in Urdu
1 cup Khurchan (leftover from homemade ghee) , or ghee
1 cup Gram flour (besan)
1 cup Khoya (Mawa)grated
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
2 tablespoons Ghee
2 tablespoons Cashew nuts
2 tablespoons Raisins
1 Edible Silver Foil/Leaf (Chandi Ka Vark)to garnish, optional
- To prepare Khurchan Mawa Burfi Recipe Made With Ghee Residual, heat ghee in a kadai and fry chopped cashews and raisins and drain on a plate to keep aside.
- In the same kadai, add besan and roast till aroma fills in the kitchen and the flour turns brownish in color.
- Collect the roasted flour in a bowl and sift with a sieve.
- Add ghee khurchan in the flour, mix with a spoon or fork and keep aside.
- Heat mawa in pan/wok till it loosens, add condensed milk and sugar and stir well.
- Now add cardamom powder and flour mix slowly and keep stirring vigorously to avoid forming lumps.
- Keep stirring continuously till everything combines, comes together and starts forming a lump.
- Turn off the gas and spread the mix thick on a greased pan and sprinkle some chopped nuts all over. You could use the edible silver foil to decorate, as well.
- Let the mix set nicely, this might take 1-2 hours or more and then cut into desired shapes.
- Store in a clean dry box and consume Khurchan Mawa Burfi Recipe within 2-3 days.
- Khurchan Mawa Burfi Recipe made with Ghee Residual is a melt in mouth barfi that can be served during tea time with Masala Chai and Healthy Nankhatai.
|1 cup Khurchan (leftover from homemade ghee) , or ghee|
|1 cup Gram flour (besan)|
|1 cup Khoya (Mawa)|
|1/2 cup Sugar|
|1/2 cup Condensed Milk|
|1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)|
|2 tablespoons Ghee|
|2 tablespoons Cashew nuts|
|2 tablespoons Raisins|
|1 Edible Silver Foil/Leaf (Chandi Ka Vark)|