Kesar Peda Recipe in Urdu
300 grams Khoya (Mawa) , store bought or home made
4 tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Saffron strands
2 tablespoons Milk
1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
1 tablespoon Pistachios ,sliced
1/2 teaspoon Ghee ,optional
- To begin making the Kesar Peda Recipe, gently warm the milk without boiling it and soak the saffron in it. Keep this aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pan or kadai, add crumbled khoya and sugar. Cook this on a low heat for 4-5 minutes stirring continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved. The khoya will first melt and then thicken again.
- Stir continuously till the khoya thickens and be careful not to burn the khoya.
- Once the khoya has thickened, add saffron milk and powdered cardamom to it. Cook for a few more minutes till the khoya thickens up considerably and resembles a sticky dough like consistency and stars leaving the sides of the pan.
- At this stage, turn off the heat and allow the peda mixture to cool.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to touch, knead it lightly to get rid of any lumps so you have a smooth mixture. You can add a little ghee at this stage to give it a good shine.
- Roll the kesar peda mixture into a log and cut 12 equal pieces.
- Roll each of peda portions into small balls, make a small dent in the center and add the pista slices. Or you could use a peda mould if you have one, like shown in the image. Once shaped the Kesar Peda is ready to be served.
- Serve the Kesar Peda as a dessert along with a festive meal of Tandoori Gobi Tikka Recipe, Hariyali Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy Recipe and Modur Pulao With Pomegranate Recipe.
|300 grams Khoya (Mawa) , store bought or home made|
|4 tablespoons Sugar|
|1 teaspoon Saffron strands|
|2 tablespoons Milk|
|1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)|
|1 tablespoon Pistachios ,|
|1/2 teaspoon Ghee ,|