Homemade Doodh Peda Recipe – Milk Peda Recipe in Urdu
1-1/2 cups Milk Powder
400 grams Condensed Milk
1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
1/4 cup Butter , or ghee melted
Pistachios , a few, sliced
- To begin making the Homemade Doodh Peda Recipe, in a wide non stick pan, combine the condensed milk and milk powder and mix it into a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Add in the cardamom powder, ghee or butter into the mixture and stir to combine well.
- Place the pan on medium heat and stir continuously until it becomes a thick batter. Turn off the heat as soon as the mixture thickens and you see it leaving the sides of the pan.
- Be careful, as the mixture will thicken up quickly. The mixture will thicken further when it is cooling down.
- Once it becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan turn off the heat and transfer the peda dough to another bowl and allow it to cool to a temperature such that you can use your hands to knead them.
- Once cooled, knead the peda dough until smooth and fluffy.
- You can add a little ghee to knead if the peda dough . Divide the dough into small lemon sized balls. Make an impression with the thumb in the center and place a piece of pistachio in the center and serve.
- Serve the delicious Doodh Pedas as a snack or make them during festivals like Diwali or as a dessert after a festive meal like Vegetable Oatmeal Poha with Peanuts, Coriander & Ginger Recipe
|1-1/2 cups Milk Powder|
|400 grams Condensed Milk|
|1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)|
|1/4 cup Butter , or ghee melted|
|Pistachios , a few, sliced|