Fennel Turmeric Walnut Soup With Apple And Raw Mango Recipe in Urdu
- To begin making the Fennel Turmeric Walnut Soup With Apple And Raw Mango recipe, toast the walnuts lightly on a hot flat pan for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, taking care not burn them.
- Reserve some walnuts for the garnish. Clean the leeks and cut the white and a little of the tender green stems into rounds.
- Clean the fennel, core and chop the bulb. Reserve a few of the fronds for garnish.
- Core and slice the apple. I don’t usually peel the apple, but you could if you wish.
- Peel and dice a slice of raw mango. The mango was tart in taste and I used just a slice in order not to let it overpower the dish.
- Mince the thyme leaves.
- Heat a deep pan or soup pot, and add the oil. I used sunflower oil for the flavour, but of course you could use any other oil without a strong aroma.
- Add the chopped leeks and the thyme and saute for about 3-4 minutes, till the leeks are soft.
- Once the leeks have softened add the fennel, mango and apple and stir. Add the walnuts and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the turmeric and stir well for 2-3 minutes, till the raw smell disappears.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes till everything begins to soften. Add the stock, stir well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then let it simmer on low for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the stove and let the soup cool.
- Once the soup has cooled puree or blend the soup to a smooth creamy liquid. Remember not to puree when the liquid is hot, and to puree it in very small batches.
- I have had many a bitter experience in pureeing soup only to have it spurt out of the blender all over me and the kitchen.
- And this soup has turmeric which has strong dyeing properties – so!
- Pour the pureed liquid back into the soup pot, bring to a boil and then simmer.
- Check the seasoning, add more salt or pepper if required, and then again simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve Fennel Turmeric Walnut Soup hot with a garnish of toasted sliced walnuts, a few chopped fennel fronds and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- I have garnished with purple basil flowers and the edible flowers add another dimension of flavour to the Soup.
- Serve Fennel Turmeric Walnut Soup With Apple And Raw Mango along with Carrot Ribbon Salad With Asian Sesame Dressing or Smoked Tofu and Grilled Vegetable Salad and Whole Wheat Rosemary Focaccia Bread for a perfect, light and healthy weekend dinner.
(Visited 5,293 times, 1 visits today)