Eggless Devil’s Food Cake Recipe in Urdu
2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1-1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Butter , softened
1-1/2 cups Caster Sugar
1-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Whole Eggs , or Flaxmeal Egg Replacer
3/4 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
1/2 teaspoon Red Food Color , (only optional)
Chocolate ganache , as needed
3 tablespoons Flax seed powder (flax meal)
9 tablespoons Chilled water
- To begin making the Rich Dark Devil’s Food Cake Recipe, we will first preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and flour 2 – 8 inch cake round cake pans. Keep aside.
To make the Flax Meal Egg Replacer
- If your recipe asks for 3 eggs, measure 3 tablespoons of flax meal along with 9 tablespoons of water. Stir well and let the mixture rest for about 15 minutes. This process of resting helps the flax meal mixture develop a gelatinous consistency similar to eggs.
To make the Batter
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder and keep aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of the stand mixer, beat in the softened butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Add an egg at a time, whisking it into the butter mixture until light and fluffy
- (if making eggless, add the flaxmeal egg replacer)
- Gradually add in the butter milk and food coloring. And finally, gradually fold in the flour mixture and continue to fold until the mixture is well blended and smooth.
- Divide the chocolate cake batter into 2 greased baking pans and place in the preheated oven to bake for about 35 to 45 minutes, until a tester when inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the cakes are baked, remove them from the oven and cool them completely. While the cake is cooling, prepare the Chocolate Ganache recipe.
- Place one cake on the serving tray in which you plan to set the cake. Spread a generous portion of the chocolate ganache on the top of the cake. Place the other cake over the bottom one and lightly press down. Finally cover the whole cake with the Chocolate Ganache including the sides and the top.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve the Rich Dark Chocolate Devils Food Cake along with a cup of coffee or as a dessert for parties.
|2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)|
|2/3 cup Cocoa Powder|
|1-1/2 teaspoons Baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Salt|
|3/4 cup Butter , softened|
|1-1/2 cups Caster Sugar|
|1-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract|
|3 Whole Eggs , or Flaxmeal Egg Replacer|
|3/4 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Food Color , (only optional)|
|Chocolate ganache , as needed|
|3 tablespoons Flax seed powder (flax meal)|
|9 tablespoons Chilled water|