Egg Bhurji Stuffed Pita Pockets Recipe in Urdu
5 Whole Eggs
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Tomatofinely chopped
1 Green capsicumfinely chopped
4-5 Green Chillieschopped
1 teaspoon Red chilli paste (or red chilli powder)
1 inch Gingerfinely chopped
2 cloves Garlic ,finely chopped
1 teaspoon Cumene seeds (Jeera)
1 teaspoon Pav bhaji masala
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 teaspoon Ghee
2 teaspoon Cooking oil
Salt , Salt to taste
2 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , A handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
4--(4-5 inch) Whole Wheat Pita Bread , 4 whole wheat pita bread
2 Onions , sliced
2 Tomatoes , cut lengthwise
Lemon , Lime wedges to serve
1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder , for sprinkling
- To begin making the Egg Bhurji Stuffed Pita Pockets Recipe we will first make the the spicy egg bhurji. For this, first break the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together thoroughly, along with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Then, warm the ghee and oil together in a preheated pan. Add the cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle. To it, add the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes till lightly browned.
- At this stage, add the turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, green chilies and the red chilli paste. Sauté for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Next, add the tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes till they become slightly soft.
- Once the tomatoes are soft add the capsicum, pav bhaji masala and salt taking care only to add just enough salt for the masala as salt is separately added to the eggs too.
- Mix and cook for 1-2 minutes more till everything is sizzling. Pour in the whisked eggs and stir continuously, with the heat on low-medium, until the eggs are scrambled and well combined with the masala.
- Cook till the scramble is well done, all the time mixing thoroughly. Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves on the prepared Egg Bhurji, turn off the heat and set the bhurji aside till ready to assemble the pita pockets.
To assemble the Pita Pockets
- Warm the Pita breads in an oven/microwave or directly on a skillet. Slice through them to open up the pockets and make room for the stuffing.
- In the cavity, place a few slices of the onion, tomato and 1-2 sprigs of fresh coriander. Then, fill the pockets with the Egg Bhurji, sprinkle chaat masala and serve with a wedge of lime/lemon.
- Serve Egg Bhurji Stuffed Pita Pockets Recipe with Apple, Kiwi, Pineapple Juice Recipe for a wholesome Sunday Brunch.
|5 Whole Eggs|
|1 Green capsicum|
|4-5 Green Chillies|
|1 teaspoon Red chilli paste (or red chilli powder)|
|1 inch Ginger|
|2 cloves Garlic ,|
|1 teaspoon Cumene seeds (Jeera)|
|1 teaspoon Pav bhaji masala|
|1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)|
|1 teaspoon Ghee|
|2 teaspoon Cooking oil|
|Salt , Salt to taste|
|2 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , A handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped|
|4--(4-5 inch) Whole Wheat Pita Bread , 4 whole wheat pita bread|
|2 Onions , sliced|
|2 Tomatoes , cut lengthwise|
|Lemon , Lime wedges to serve|
|1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder , for sprinkling|