Crispy Whole Wheat Pizza With Spinach Pesto & Roasted Vegetables Recipe in Urdu
2 cups Spinach Leaves (Palak)
2 cloves Garlic
2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese , grated
1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ------ 1/4 inch thick Tomato , sliced about
1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
1 teaspoon Dried basil leaves
Salt and Pepper , as needed
1 Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant) ,thinly sliced lengthwise
6 ------- 1/2 inch thick Portobello mushrooms , sliced about
1/2 cup Homemade Basil Pesto , prepared earlier
2 Whole Wheat Pita Bread , or store bought
1 cup Green bell peppers , chopped
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- To begin making Crispy Whole Wheat Pizza With Spinach Pesto And Roasted Vegetables, let’s prepare the pesto sauce first.
- In a food processor jar add in spinach leaves, garlic cloves, grated parmesan, lemon juice, salt and olive oil. Process until everything is well combined to form a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set this aside.
- In the next step we will roast the vegetables in a wok; heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a wok or a heavy bottomed pan. Add the eggplant, sprinkle some salt and stir fry on low to medium heat until soft and roasted. Keep this aside.
- Next we will roast the mushrooms. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a wok, add the mushrooms, sprinkle some salt and stir fry until roasted.
- Preheat Oven to 160 C. In a small bowl, add olive oil, oregano, basil, salt and pepper as needed and stir well. Add sliced tomatoes and toss to coat well.
- Lightly brush a baking sheet with some drops of olive oil. Place the tomatoes on the oiled baking sheet. Roast until they are dried slightly or for about 40 minutes. Set aside and cool down. Note: You can optionally use Sun-dried Tomatoes as well and eliminate this step.
- The final step is to assemble the Crispy Whole Wheat pizza With Spinach Pesto And Roasted Vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 250 C.
- Spread an even layer of pesto on each pita bread and top evenly with roasted tomatoes, eggplant, mushroom, peppers and cheese. Place them on a greased baking sheet and bake the pizza until crisp and cheese is bubbly on the surface. This might take about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serve the Crispy Whole Wheat Pizza with Spinach Pesto for a one dish quick weeknight dinner or even as an appetizer or main course for parties.
|2 cups Spinach Leaves (Palak)|
|2 cloves Garlic|
|2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese , grated|
|1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon Salt|
|2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 ------ 1/4 inch thick Tomato , sliced about|
|1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano|
|1 teaspoon Dried basil leaves|
|Salt and Pepper , as needed|
|1 Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant) ,|
|6 ------- 1/2 inch thick Portobello mushrooms , sliced about|
|1/2 cup Homemade Basil Pesto , prepared earlier|
|2 Whole Wheat Pita Bread , or store bought|
|1 cup Green bell peppers , chopped|
|1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese|