Cinnamon Welsh Cakes Recipe in Urdu
- To begin making the Cinnamon Welsh Cakes Recipe, we will first make the dough.
- To make the dough, in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon powder and baking powder.
- Mix well with a fork to combine evenly. Now add the cold butter cubes into this mixture and mix with the fingers of both your hands to resemble a sand like texture.
- Now add in the egg and raisins and bring the dough together.
- Wrap the Welsh cake dough in a cling wrap and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- After two hours, remove from the refrigerator, and allow it to sit at room temperature for 2-5 minutes. Now dust the working counter with some flour and begin to roll out the dough into approximately 1.5 cm thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter of the desired size and cut the Welsh cakes.
- Place the cut Cinnamon Welsh Cakes in a tray and allow it to chill for about 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat a skillet with some butter on medium- low heat.
- Once its hot, gently place the Cinnamon Welsh Cakes on the skillet, and flip after about a minute.
- Flip both ways until the Cinnamon Welsh Cakes have achieved a lovely brown colour and our cooked from within.
- Transfer the Cinnamon Welsh Cakes to a plate and serve hot or warm.
- Serve Cinnamon Welsh Cakes Recipe warm along with a side of honey and butter and some Cinnamon Spiced Black Lemon Tea Recipe or Hot Coffee Latte Recipe.