Chocolate Cheese Gujiya Recipe in Urdu
2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
Salt , to taste
2 tablespoons Ghee
Water , as required
1 cup Britannia Cheese Block , grated
1 cup Dessicated Coconut
1/2 cup Chocolate chips
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
Cooking oil , to deep fry
- To begin making the Chocolate Cheese Gujiya Recipe, we will first make the make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the coconut, chocolate chips, red chilli powder, and stir well to combine. Keep aside.
- The next step is to make the dough for pastry crust for the Gujiya.
- Combine the maida, ghee and salt, in a large bowl. Work the ghee into the flour with your fingers until the mixture resembles a coarse crumble texture.
- When you bring the flour together, it should hold and when you let go it should fall apart. Add a little water at a time and knead to make a smooth and firm dough.
- Knead well for a good 3 to 4 minutes for the perfect gujiya crust.
- Shape them into small round balls. Dust them in flour, roll them into small 3 inch circles.
- Place it in the gujiya mold, spoon in the chocolate cheese filling.
- Gently fold into a semi circle, forming a half moon shape. Seal the edges by pressing slightly, so that the dough sticks to each other making sure all the filling is concealed inside.
- Prepare the gujiyas and arrange them on a plate or a tray. Cover the gujiyas with a moist napkin so that the dough does not dry out.
- Preheat the oil for deep frying the gujiyas.
- The way to test if the oil has the right heat, is to drop in a little dough inside the oil and if it sizzles and comes up immediately, then you know you can start frying the Chocolate Cheese Gujiya.
- Add in a few gujiya at a time and deep fry on medium heat until they have a beautiful golden crust.
- Notice after a few minutes of frying they have a golden crust – give it a light tap and if they feel firm and crusty then they are done. Drain out the excess oil and fry the remaining th Chocolate Cheese Gujiya in similar way.
- Serve Chocolate Cheese Gujiya Recipe with hot Masala Chai during tea time or you can also have it as a sweet dish during special occasions.
|2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)|
|Salt , to taste|
|2 tablespoons Ghee|
|Water , as required|
|1 cup Britannia Cheese Block , grated|
|1 cup Dessicated Coconut|
|1/2 cup Chocolate chips|
|1 teaspoon Red chilli powder|
|Cooking oil , to deep fry|