Bottle Gourd Ice Cream Recipe – Lauki Ice Cream Recipe in Urdu
1 Bottle gourd (lauki)
500 ml Milk(with full cream)
3 tablespoons Fresh cream
1 tablespoon Ghee
1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
1 tablespoon Slivered Almonds (Badam)or chopped almonds
- To begin making Bottle Gourd Ice Cream Recipe -Lauki Ice Cream, wash, peel the lauki and grate/shred the bottle gourd and keep aside.
- In a shallow frying pan, heat a tablespoon of ghee and stir fry the shredded bottle gourd for about 3-4 minutes on a medium heat, until most of its moisture is evaporated and the lauki appears lumpy.
- Now add milk to the pan and keep stirring. Bring it to boil.
- Once the milk and lauki has come to a boil, add in sugar and cook on medium flame. Keep stirring until the milk is reduced to half of its initial quantity. It might take 20-30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
- Once the mixture is cooled to room temperature, pour the mixture to a blender and blend for about 2 minutes.
- Take an airtight container and pour the mixture into the container and add 2 tablespoons of malai/fresh cream on top. Wrap with a cling wrap.
- Freeze the Bottle Gourd Ice Cream Recipe for 4 to 5 hours until set.
- After 3-4 hours, take the container out of the freezer; put all its content in a deep mixing bowl and beat the ice cream with a handheld mixer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped almonds and cardamom powder, saving a few chopped almonds for garnish. Beat the ice cream once again for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture back into the airtight container and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out and serve Bottle Gourd Ice Cream Recipe (Lauki Ice Cream) as a summer dessert to kids, along with Avocado Egg Sandwich Recipe and Healthy Vegetable Fries Recipe (Oven roasted Potato, Zucchini and Carrot Fries) in the evening.
|1 Bottle gourd (lauki)|
|500 ml Milk|
|3 tablespoons Fresh cream|
|1 tablespoon Ghee|
|1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)|
|1 tablespoon Slivered Almonds (Badam)|