Baklava Rolls Recipe – Turkish Sweet Rolls Recipe in Urdu
- To begin making the Baklava Rolls Recipe, the first step is to prep all the ingredients and keep them ready.
- Into a mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients – almond powder, walnut powder, pistachio powder, sugar, cinnamon powder and butter. Mix them well to combine.
- Take the phyllo sheets and fold it into half and butter the side which is facing up.
- Note: Phyllo sheets should be thawed completely before use. Place the rolls seam-side down on the baking sheet for best results. Do not crowd the rolls in the baking pan else they will lose shape.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the filling mixture at the short end in one line and roll the sheet. As you roll, keep applying butter on the rolled side up.
- Don’t roll completely till the end as yet. We will fill the dry fruit filling mixture again halfway through before rolling it to the end.
- Once halfway through rolling add about 2 tablespoons of the filling mix along the same short side. Now roll the sheet completely till the end.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining sheet. Cut each roll into 3 pieces. Arrange the Baklava rolls into a baking sheet. Brush the rolls again lightly with butter.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C; place the Baklava rolls in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
Method for making the Syrup
- To make the syrup, boil the sugar and water until you get one thread consistency.
- This will take about 15 minutes. Once the consistency is reached, stir in the lemon juice.
Final Step for the Baklava Rolls
- Once the Baklava rolls are baked and the syrup is just warm, pour the syrup over the rolls.
- Allow the rolls to soak in the syrup for about 8 hours in room temperature.
- Finally, garnish with broken pistachios for delicious tasting Baklava Rolls.
(Visited 10,711 times, 1 visits today)