Badam Halwa & Delicious Almond Halwa With Khoya Recipe in Urdu
150 grams Badam (Almond)
1/2 cup Ghee
2 cups Milk
1/4 cup Sugar
100 grams Khoya (Mawa)
Mixed nuts ,for garnishing
- To begin making the Badam Halwa Recipe, we will first powder the badam.
- Into a mixer grinder, powder the padam along with the skin, you can also optionally soak the badam, peel the skin and powder it without the skin as well.
- Next to make the Badam Halwa recipe, heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add the powdered badam and stir continuously until they turn brown and get a roasted aroma. Take care not to turn the heat too high, they need to get roasted on low to medium heat.
- In another saucepan, heat the milk and sugar and allow the sugar to dissolve completely.
- Add the powdered and roasted badam mixture to the milk mixture. Keep stirring the Badam Halwa continuously and you will notice the halwa thickens and looks coarse.
- Once the Badam halwa has thickened, add the crumbled khoya and keep stirring until you see the ghee leaves the sides of the ban and the badam halwa.
- The Badam halwa will also come away smoothly form the sides of the pan.
- This process of mixing and getting this consistency for the Badam Halwa takes a good 15 to 20 minutes. The badam halwa should look shiny and have a good texture and taste.
- Once done, turn off the heat and transfer the Badam Halwa to a serving bowl. Garnish with nuts and serve warm.
- Serve the Badam Halwa Recipe as a indian dessert for parties when you have an elaborate Indian meal or make them for festivals like Holi, Raksha Bandhan and Diwali.
|150 grams Badam (Almond)|
|1/2 cup Ghee|
|2 cups Milk|
|1/4 cup Sugar|
|100 grams Khoya (Mawa)|
|Mixed nuts ,|