Aloo Tikki Stuffed Pita Sandwich Recipe in Urdu
4-6 Aloo Tikki (Potato)
4 Mini Pita Breads
4 Iceberg lettuce , roughly torn
5 Cherry tomatoes , halved
1 Onion , sliced thinly
1/4 cup White vinegar
1/4 cup Fresh cream
2-3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
2-3 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina)
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper , to taste
- To begin making Aloo Tikki Stuffed Pita Sandwich Recipe, first prepare the Aloo Tikki by following the link.
- Next, we need to soak the sliced onions in the vinegar ahead of time to pickle them.
- If you are planning to have the sandwich for breakfast, you can do this step the previous night. Place the sliced onions in a clean, dry glass jar.
- Pour the vinegar over the onions, ensure they are fully submerged. Cover the jar and set aside till you are ready to use them. The onions need to soak for a few hours, until they turn pink.
- Next we will prepare the herb cream. In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, olive oil, finely chopped coriander and mint leaves, along with salt and pepper. Taste the cream and adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- To assemble the sandwich, slice each pita bread from edge to edge, down the centre, taking care not to cut it into two pieces, but creating a pocket like space to stuff the aloo tikki.
- First, place the lettuce, and then the aloo tikki. It helps to gently mash the aloo tikki slightly, before stuffing inside the bread. Top the layer of aloo tikki with pickled onion, herb cream and cherry tomato. Sprinkle some additional black pepper if desired before serving.
- You may also grill Aloo Tikki Stuffed Pita Sandwich in a sandwich press or a grill pan and serve.
- Serve the Aloo Tikki Stuffed Pita Sandwich along with Cocoa Banana Almond Date Smoothie for a filling breakfast.
|4-6 Aloo Tikki (Potato)|
|4 Mini Pita Breads|
|4 Iceberg lettuce , roughly torn|
|5 Cherry tomatoes , halved|
|1 Onion , sliced thinly|
|1/4 cup White vinegar|
|1/4 cup Fresh cream|
|2-3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves|
|2-3 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina)|
|2 tablespoon Olive Oil|
|Salt and Pepper , to taste|