NAtional’s Kathal (Jackfruit) Curry recipe
500 gm Kathal (jackfruit)
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. cumin seeds
3 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 cup yoghurt, whisked
Half tsp. National Turmeric powder
1 tsp National chilli powder
National Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Coriander leaves, for garnishing
1. Using an oiled knife (to avoid stickiness), peel and cut the jackfruit into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the kathal until golden brown in colour. Keep aside until further use.
3. Reheat 3 tbsp. of the same oil in another pan, add onion and fry until translucent. Add garlic and fry until pale brown in colour.
4. Mix in cumin, salt, turmeric, chilli powder and tomatoes. Saute or stir fry until the oil separates.
5. Stir in yoghurt along with 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
6. Add jackfruit. Cover the pan and leave to simmer until the kathal or jackfruit becomes tender and the curry thickens. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot, accompanied with parathas.
Disclaimer: We do not allow users to post content which is copyright and We take strict actions against the users who post infringement content on our website.Although we do not host any content, users post embed videos from youtube, facebook, Dailymotion and Vimeo and are moderated before posting but we still take strict action against the copyright videos posted.If you are an official representative of any company whose videos are posted illegally on our website or you think some video infringe the copyright then you can simply send an email to email@example.com