National’s Dahiwale Baingan and Arbi recipe
6 small brinjals
8-10 arbi (colacasia)
3 tbsp. cooking oil
2 onions, grated
1 tbsp. National Ginger Garlic paste
Half tsp. National Turmeric powder
National Salt to taste
¾ tsp. National Red Chilli powder
¾ tsp. Coriander seeds powder
Half cup yoghurt
2-3 tbsp besan (gramflour)
2-3 green chillies, whole
2-3 tbsp coriander leaves, for garnishing
1. Remove stems of the brinjals and cut each into 4 pieces, lengthwise.
2. Soak in water until further use.
3. Similarly, peel the arbi, wash well and cut each lengthwise into pieces. Put aside.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai, add onion and fry until golden brown. Mix in the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for another 1 minute.
5. Add arbi along with chilli powder, turmeric, and coriander seeds powder.
6. Saute for 5 mins. over medium heat.
7. Take yoghurt in a large bowl, add besan and salt along with half cup of water. Whisk well and gradually add to the arbi, stirring continuously.
8. Drain excess water from the brinjals and add to the curry. Bring to a boil, reduce flame, cover and leave to simmer until the vegetables become tender and the curry thickens (for about 30 minutes). Stir occasionally.
9. Add green chillies, bring to a boil and remove from flame.
10. Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves and accompanied by rice/parathas.
Disclaimer: We do not allow users to post content which is copyright and We take strict actions against the users who post infringement content on our website.Although we do not host any content, users post embed videos from youtube, facebook, Dailymotion and Vimeo and are moderated before posting but we still take strict action against the copyright videos posted.If you are an official representative of any company whose videos are posted illegally on our website or you think some video infringe the copyright then you can simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org