Masala Dosa Recipe in Urdu
- For Dosa:
- Parboiled rice 225 gm
- Lentils (urad daal), husked and split 180 gm
- Fenugreek (methi) seeds 2.5 gm
- Groundnut oil 1/3 cup
- Salt to taste
- For Curry:
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed 1 cup
- Butter 30 gm
- Bengal gram (chana daal), husked and split 15 gm
- Cashew nuts, deep fried 12
- Coriander leaves, chopped 20 gm
- Curry leaves 10
- Green chillies, chopped 4
- Groundnut oil 60 ml
- Lemon juice 15 ml
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Onions, sliced 120 gm
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric (haldi) powder 1 tsp
- To make the batter for dosas, soak the rice and lentils overnight with the fenugreek seeds.
- Put in a blender with 45 ml/3 tablespoons water and make a fine paste.
- Move to a large container and keep aside in a warm place for 3-4 hours, in winter for 5-6 hours.
- To make the curry, heat oil in a wok, crackle mustard seeds in it, add gram and stir until light brown.
- Stir in onions and saute until transparent.
- Stir in green chillies, turmeric and salt. Add lemon juice.
- Add potatoes and stir-cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cashew nuts, curry leaves and coriander.
- To make the dosas, heat the griddle.
- Peel an onion and chop into two halves.
- Tie one half in a muslin cloth, dip in oil and wipe griddle with the flat side to season griddle.
- This needs to be done only once.
- Keep griddle on low heat.
- Spread a ladle ful of batter over the entire surface thinly by moving the ladle in concentric circles.
- Once tiny holes appear on the pancake, sprinkle a teaspoon of oil around the edges and loosen the pancake from the griddle.
- Slap 2 large tablespoons of the curry filling onto one half of the dosa, drop a knob of butter on it and fold the other half over.
- Slid off onto a plate.
- Variation: Paneer or cottage cheese can be used instead of potatoes as a filling.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
(Visited 10,823 times, 1 visits today)
Disclaimer: We do not allow users to post content which is copyright and We take strict actions against the users who post infringement content on our website.Although we do not host any content, users post embed videos from youtube, facebook, Dailymotion and Vimeo and are moderated before posting but we still take strict action against the copyright videos posted.If you are an official representative of any company whose videos are posted illegally on our website or you think some video infringe the copyright then you can simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org