Gujarati Dal | Family Food Tales with Mrs Alyona Kapoor | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
GUJARATI DAL – (Serves – 4)
1½ cups split pigeon peas (toovar dal), soaked and drained
½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
2 tablespoons raw peanuts
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon ghee
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
¼ teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1 sprig fresh curry leaves
1-2 green chillies, slit
2 dried red chillies
3-4 kokum petals
1 tablespoon jaggery powder
½ tablespoon lemon juice
Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Pressure cook pigeon peas in sufficient water with fenugreek seeds, peanuts, turmeric powder, salt and ½ teaspoon ghee till the pressure is released for 2-3 times. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
3. Add cumin seeds and sauté for a few seconds. Add asafoetida and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add curry leaves, green chillies and red chillies and sauté for a minute. Add cooked pigeon peas and little water, stir to mix and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add kokum petals and jaggery, mix well and bring to a boil. Add some more water, stir and boil for 5-10 minutes.
6. Add lemon juice and mix well.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves, drizzle ½ teaspoon ghee on top and serve hot with steamed rice.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
Disclaimer: We do not allow users to post content which is copyright and We take strict actions against the users who post infringement content on our website.Although we do not host any content, users post embed videos from youtube, facebook, Dailymotion and Vimeo and are moderated before posting but we still take strict action against the copyright videos posted.If you are an official representative of any company whose videos are posted illegally on our website or you think some video infringe the copyright then you can simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org