Have you tried making a fancy Checkerboard Cake ever? If not, here’s the recipe for you, a treat to the eyes and a delight to your taste buds both.
1 cup butter, softened
4 cups icing sugar
1 cup coco powder
4 tbsps milk
2 chocolate sponge cakes
2 vanilla sponge cakes
5 tbsps milk
Chocolate ganache as required
Mango cubes for garnish
1. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and dredge the icing sugar. Mix well using an electric hand mixer. Add the remaining sugar and mix till the mixture turns fluffy and pale in colour.
2. Add coco powder and mix. Add milk and mix till well combined and the mixture is fluffy.
3. Trim the top of 1 dark chocolate sponge to even out the surface. Place a small plate on it and cut around to create a smaller circle. Place a large cookie cutter in the centre and press it to create another smaller circle.
4. Gently lift up the cake and place it on a parchment paper. Repeat the same process with the remaining sponges.
5. Apply a little butter cream on a serving plate, place the outer ring layer of the chocolate sponge. Insert the next vanilla sponge ring and the inner most chocolate sponge layer.
6. Add a portion of the buttercream and spread it evenly. For the second layer, place the outer ring of the vanilla sponge, insert the inner ring of chocolate sponge and the inner most later of the vanilla sponge.
7. Apply a thin layer of the buttercream. Repeat the process with the remaining sponge rings, alternating layers.
8. Apply the remaining buttercream on top and the sides of the cake. Dip the palate knife in hot water and level the sides and the top of the cake.
9. Transfer the buttercream piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe out on top of the cake.
10. Take chocolate ganache in a piping bag and pipe out on top of the cake. Place mango pieces and garnish with dried rose petals. Refrigerate until use.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor