The classic Gujarati snack gets a beautiful makeover.
3 tbsps boiled beetroot puree
1 cup gram flour
1 tbsp refined flour
2 tsps ginger-green chilli paste
Salt to taste
½ tsp turmeric powder
A pinch of red chilli powder
3 cups buttermilk
Scrapped fresh coconut for garnish
Freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Green chutney to serve
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
6-8 curry leaves
1. In a large bowl, add gram flour, refined flour, ginger-green chilli paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, buttermilk and whisk till well combined.
2. Heat a non-stick pan, add the prepared mixture and continuously keep whisking till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
3. Add 3 tbsps boiled beetroot puree and mix well. Take a greased thali and apply the prepared mixture on it and spread it evenly creating an even thin layer. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Cut into equal sized strips and roll each into a roll. Set aside.
5. For the tempering, heat 1 tbsp oil in another non-stick pan, add ½ tsp mustard seeds, and let the seeds splutter.
6. Add pinch of asafoetida, 6-8 curry leaves and cook for a few seconds. Take it off the heat. Add the tempering on the prepared khandvi.
7. On a serving plate, place the khandvi, sprinkle scraped coconut, chopped coriander. Serve with green chutney.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor