Fish pieces cooked in tangy coconut based curry. A must try recipe for the seafood lovers.
AMBOTIK FISH CURRY
2 medium pomfrets, cut into ½ inch thick pieces
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 cup scraped fresh coconut
1 inch cinnamon
6-8 dried red chillies
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1½ tablespoons vinegar
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies slit
1½ tablespoons tamarind pulp
1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
1. Dry together cumin seeds and roast coriander seeds till fragrant.
2. Transfer in a blender jar. Add coconut, cloves, cinnamon, red chillies, ginger, garlic and vinegar with some water to a smooth paste.
3. Marinate fish pieces with turmeric powder and salt.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till translucent. Add prepared paste and 2 cups water and mix well.
5. Add salt and green chillies, stir and bring to a boil. Add marinated fish pieces and tamarind pulp and mix well.
6. Add coriander leaves, cover and cook till the fish is fully done.
7. Garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor