Tomato Basil Mozzarella Panini,
Recipe Link : https://www.tarladalal.com/Tomato-Basil-Mozzarella-Panini-41590r
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website | https://www.tarladalal.com
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel | https://goo.gl/h7JMA1
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/tarladalal/
Like Facebook | https://goo.gl/mdcqLb
Get fab food images on Pinterest | http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App | https://goo.gl/8jwErB
Get Tarla Dalal Android App | https://goo.gl/zxr56A
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus | https://goo.gl/VbtwXZ
Twitter | https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal
Tomato Basil Mozzarella Panini
Panini is a grilled sandwich made from breads like baguette, ciabatta and michetta. The bread is cut horizontally and filled with different types of veggies and cheeses, grilled and served warm. The Tomato Basil Mozzarella Panini is a mouth-watering variant with the appetizing taste of molten mozzarella and the aroma of fresh basil. Add to this the tanginess of tomatoes and you get a snack that you just cannot resist. In fact, you can’t even stop with one! Panini is not usually made with our common sliced bread, so we have made it with hot dog rolls here as you might find other breads difficult to find. If you have a gourmet store nearby and can get special Panini bread, use that instead. If you love the interplay of tomato and basil in this recipe, try other dishes with this combo, such as Tomato and Basil Bruschetta and Tomato, Basil and Feta Cheese Sandwich.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 2 paninis.
6 tomato slices
4 fresh basil leaves
4 sliced mozzarella cheese
2 hot dog rolls
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 tsp butter
1. Slit a hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife. Place the hot dog roll on a clean dry surface and apply ½ tsp of olive oil evenly on both the sides of the roll.
2. Arrange 2 cheese slices, 3 tomato slices, ½ tsp of mixed herbs, 2 basil leaves, salt and freshly ground black pepper evenly over the lower halve of the roll.
3. Close the hot dog roll and spread 1 tsp of butter evenly on top it and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
4. Brush the panini with ½ tsp of butter.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 1 more panini.
6. Cut each panini diagonally into 2 equal pieces.