Multani Sohan Halwa
- 150 All purpose flourGram
- 1 Clarified butterKg
- 2 Sprouts wheatTBSP
- 1 YogurtTBSP
- 1 SugarKg
- 1 WaterKg
- 1 Gram flourTBSP
- 50 PistachioGram
- 50 AlmondsGram
- 50 Cashew nutsGram
- 1 Cream of tartarTBSP
- Take a deep pan, put all purpose flour and 4 tbsp clarified butter in it and beat well with the help of whisk.
- Soak sprouted wheat in 1 cup water for 15 minutes.
- Now add sprouted wheat, stir lightly allow it to mix properly.
- Add yogurt, mix well, till smooth mixture will be formed.
- Then add water in it and cook the mixture over low heat for half hour.
- Keep stirring slowly, otherwise lumps may form.
- Now let it boil then add sugar, cook for few minutes then remove from stove and cool.
- After half hour cook again on high flame.
- When mixture turn into thick form then cook on low heat with continue adding 1 tbsp clarified butter at a time and stirring for 20 minutes or till the mixture gets separated.
- When mixture turn into light brown then remove from stove and add gram flour and cream of tartar.
- Spread it in a dish evenly, garnish with pistachio, almonds and nuts. Let it cool then serve.
- Note: Make sure to use the quantities mentioned in the recipe, don’t increase or decrease any ingredient amount, and just follow the tips-tricks.
- Angoori/samnak or sumalaq- are same thing, its prepared from wheat sprouts and its a long process like cultivating, planting etc. Its look like a flour and you can easily buy at you local food mart.
(Visited 3,557 times, 1 visits today)
|150 All purpose flour|
|1 Clarified butter|
|2 Sprouts wheat|
|1 Gram flour|
|50 Cashew nuts|
|1 Cream of tartar|