Mexican Tortilla Casserole
- 1 OilTbsp
- 1 onion1 cup
- 1 Minced garlictsp
- 1 Ground cumintsp
- 1 ½ Chili powdertsp
- 1 Chopped tomatoes1 cup
- 1/4 Tomato paste1/4 cup
- 1 Kidney beans1 can (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Sweet corn kernals1 can (drained)
- 4 Flour tortillasboiled lasagna sheet
- 1 Shredded cheddar cheesecups
- Sour cream
- Salt and peppertaste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, minced garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook until you can smell the spices and the onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes with the 1/3 cup of water and the tomato paste.
- Add the corn, beans and cook about 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place tortilla or lasagna sheet in a pan. Spread one fourth of the bean mixture evenly over the tortilla, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Repeat with 3 more layers, ending with the last quarter of the bean mixture and then the last 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake the tortilla or lasagna sheet at 180 degree C until it is hot throughout and the top is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
|1 Minced garlic|
|1 Ground cumin|
|1 ½ Chili powder|
|1 Chopped tomatoes|
|1/4 Tomato paste|
|1 Kidney beans|
|1 Sweet corn kernals|
|4 Flour tortillas|
|1 Shredded cheddar cheese|
|Salt and pepper|