Loaded Potato Mini Hand Pies
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2/3 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.1 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Place bacon in a nonstick pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until fat begins to render, about 3 minutes. Add green onions and cook until bacon is crisp, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add potatoes to the same pan and stir to coat with bacon grease. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep them from sticking. Remove from heat and cover with a lid. Let cool.
- Stir bacon and green onions into the cooled potatoes; add Cheddar cheese and sour cream. Season with pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll pie crusts on a flat work surface. Cut out 24 circles using a 3-inch biscuit cutter or glass. Place a spoonful of the potato filling in the center of 12 of the circles, keeping the filling away from the edge of the dough. Cover with remaining circles, pressing tops down lightly.
- Pick up a hand pie and pinch the edges together to seal. Return to the work surface and use a fork to crimp the edges together. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pies.
- Brush beaten egg over the pies using a pastry brush.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)
|3 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces|
|3 green onions, chopped|
|1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into small cubes|
|2/3 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese|
|2 tablespoons sour cream|
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 (14.1 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts|
|1 Egg, beaten|