Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies
1 Salted butterCup
1 Confectioners' sugarCup
2 Vanilla essenceTBSP
1 Green candyMelt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C and grease two round 9-inch cake pans with butter. (For not non-stick pans, line them with greased parchment paper).
- Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing just until combined.
- Divide the dough evenly between the two greased pans and press it into an even layer. Prick the dough all over with a fork. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the shortbread is pale golden in the center and slightly darker around the edges.
- Remove the shortbread from the oven and immediately invert the pans onto a cutting board. (If the shortbread won’t release from the pan, use a sharp knife to cut around the edges.) Immediately cut each shortbread round into 8 wedges with sharp knife. If it cool then it will crumble when you trying to cut it.
- Now shift the shortbread wedges to a rack to cool completely.
- Melt the candy melts with the vegetable oil in a microwave or double-boiler, stirring until smooth. Put mixture to a piping bag or plastic bag, snip off the tip of the bag and then drizzle it onto the cookies. Immediately top the cookies with sprinkles and serve.
(Visited 6,389 times, 1 visits today)
|1 Salted butter|
|1 Confectioners' sugar|
|2 Vanilla essence|
|1 Green candy|