Black Forest Cake
2 Baking powderTBSP
450 Fresh creamGram
8 Icing sugarTBSP
225 Fresh cherriesGram
Cherriesfor topping only
6 Plain milk chocolate gratedOz
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6/200º C.
- Grease and line two 9 inch spring form tins.
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer on high speed or by hand until light and fluffy or it turns pale in colour.
- Sieve together the dry ingredients thrice to ensure lightness of the flour and fold gently into the egg mixture a little at a time, alternating with milk.
- Pour mixture into two greased tins, lower over temperature to gas mark 4/180º C and bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Do not open the oven unnecessarily otherwise the cake will collapse.
- Cool cakes on wire tray.
- Carefully whip fresh cream in a bowl held over a large bowl containing ice cubes, add in the icing sugar.
- Over whipping will result in butter! Spread one third of the cream onto one cake, place the second cake on top and sandwich the two together.
- Spread the cake completely with the remainder of the cream and decorate the top with the grated chocolate and cherries.
- To make chocolate caraques, place a plain chocolate slab in the refrigerator until it is firm and hard.
- When hard, scrape the chocolate with a potato peeler to make long curls.
- If the chocolate is too hard, only small shaving will emerge.
- In this case leave at room temperature for a minute or two and repeat.
- Place caraques directly in the freezer.
- Sprinkle on to cake after 10-20 minutes.
(Visited 6,079 times, 1 visits today)
|2 Baking powder|
|450 Fresh cream|
|8 Icing sugar|
|225 Fresh cherries|
|6 Plain milk chocolate grated|